Setting up your modem
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
In this section you'll learn how to set up your modem from start to finish.
These steps cover customers using the ZyXEL D1000, ZyXEL T1, and the ZyXEL P660.
- 1. Connect the 2 port filter to your main phone socket.
Connect the grey cable to the 2-port filter's grey port and to the modem's DSL port.
- 3. Connect your phone to the 2-port filter's black port.
- 4. Note — Failure to use filters on all phone sockets (whether connecting phones, faxes or digital TV boxes) can result in deterioration of Broadband performance and other line issues.
- 5. Connect to your device — WiFi: Once the Power Adapter is plugged into a power outlet, search for available WiFi networks.
- 6. Select your WiFi network name (SSID) which is located at the bottom of your modem and enter your WiFi Security key.
- 7. You should now be connected.
- 8. Connect to your device — wired: Connect the yellow cable to the modem's ethernet port on the back of your computer.
- 9. Connect the power adapter to the modem's power port, plug into a power outlet and turn the modem on.
- 10. Your modem will now take approximately 2 minutes to connect.
- Need further help and support? You can talk to an agent online or you can call us on 1890 260 260